Today I sit down with Kyle Mauch, founder of Athletes Brand.
As a former professional athlete, Kyle has transitioned to starting not one, but four different companies – with a life vision to help 1,000 athletes create a legacy beyond the game.
Kyle has become a close personal friend of mine that’s not only shaped the way I think about business but life in general.
I can’t wait for you to hear this laid-back conversation packed with the knowledge and wisdom that Kyle brought.
Some highlights from today’s show:
- How to find out what you care about
- What “relevant value” is and how it can help you avoid a post-career identity crisis
- A powerful question you can ask yourself to define your legacy
- How to create significant brand-value
- The eye-opening moment that changed Kyle’s trajectory as an athlete
- The storytelling process that Kyle leverages in his businesses to develop brands
- What it’s like to work with Kyle
- The downside of saying “yes” to every opportunity that comes your way
- Kyle’s morning routine
- Why you don’t need to be a non-profit (and when you should be)
- The biggest investment Kyle’s made to date
- “Most people don’t understand their own story. You don’t realize it until somebody starts telling you about yourself.” – Kyle Mauch
- “What can you do to use your platform before it’s gone to create your brand or legacy?” – Kyle Mauch
- “You can make a much bigger impact by focusing on one thing you’re really good at rather than trying to distribute money all over the place.” – Kyle Mauch
- “Every athlete has the opportunity to make World-change with just their career.”- Kyle Mauch
- “If you can spend ten years and impact one life, that’s a success.”- Kyle Mauch
- “Don’t try to implement everybody’s opinion.”- Kyle Mauch
- “Don’t try to fix the wheel, go out there and study the wheel.”- Kyle Mauch
- “You have to have a purpose that’s bigger than your product.”- Kyle Mauch
- “Don’t think failing is OK, but learn from every failure.”- Kyle Mauch
- “One of the best ways to get creative juices going is to flip something over.”- Kyle Mauch
- Reach out to Kyle here.
- Kyle on Instagram
- AJ from Lumberland.Co – Episode 9
- Athlete’s Brand
- Refined Craft
- Campfire Mastermind
Books Kyle Mentioned (amazon links):