This week’s guest is a former D1 collegiate athlete, former MLB player of the Detroit Lions, and the owner of Dead Red Conditioning.
After turning down the Cubs and Dodgers years prior, Jeff Larish signed in the 5th round to the Detroit Tigers in 2007.
In 2011, his career came to a grinding halt after suffering an ankle injury on the field. Like most athletes can relate, Jeff saw his future in exclusively in baseball – so the shock of “what to do next” was a life-changing experience.
A couple of things to listen for in this episode:
- How Jeff went from not being recruited, to playing for a D1 school
- The biggest mistakes Jeff sees athletes making today (and how they can fix it)
- How to know when you’re working with the right physical trainers, coaches, and agents
- The type of people you MUST surround yourself with (if you want to be successful in business, sports, and life)
- The career-changing experience that Jeff experienced as a MLB player
- “Figure out what you want to accomplish, and come up with a plan.” – Jeff Larish
- “If you don’t have a plan, you’ll get taken off course.” – Jeff Larish
Books Mentioned (Amazon links):